What Kind of Durable Outdoor Fabric is Used for Tents
What kind of durable outdoor fabric is used for outdoor tents? Tent advertisements and brochures generally mark the materials of external account, account bottom and internal account, and do you know what materials 190T, 210D, Oxford cloth, PE bottom and waterproof Pu stand for? Decades ago, almost all tent materials were waterproof canvas or rubber rain cloth. Although they can meet the requirements of weather protection, they are also full of weight! Now that light, strong and durable outdoor fabric are widely used, let's see what kind of material is most suitable for your tent.
Durable outdoor fabric:
1. Generally speaking, polyester is thin and light, high strength, good elasticity, wear resistance and corrosion resistance. It is suitable for mountaineers and hiking campers.
Oxford cloth is thick but heavy. It is suitable for making large tents for driving camping or small groups.
2. From the perspective of waterproof coating, although PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is waterproof, it will harden and become brittle in winter, which is easy to produce creases or fractures; Pu (polyurethane) coating can not only overcome the defects of PVC, but also has good waterproof effect.
3. Silver coated material can prevent ultraviolet rays. It is mainly used for leisure beach tents, sunshade tents, advertising tents, etc.
4. Now some super light accounts are more popular. Different from the previous nylon and polyester fabrics coated with PU layer to prevent water, it uses silicon (silicone) technology, which is much lighter in weight, but the price will be much more expensive.
As for the inner net, it usually has two functions: heat preservation and moisture permeability and mosquito prevention. For the above considerations, it usually adopts polyester taff, which has good air permeability and certain heat preservation ability. If only mosquito prevention is needed, the yarn net is enough to deal with it, and the high-density mesh is better. If it is a four season account or a mountain account, there is no doubt that all the internal accounts are composed of polyester taff to keep warm. If it is a tent or single account in summer, it is almost all yarn mesh for heat dissipation and ventilation. For the usual three season account, yarn mesh and polyester taff account for a part respectively, which is a compromise and pragmatic choice.
The main function of the tent bottom is waterproof, moisture-proof and dust-proof. The choice of the bottom material also determines the grade of the tent.
1. PE coating primer, with low price, is a common primer for low-end tents, but it is easy to crack after repeated folding.
2. PU coating primer, whether wear resistance or waterproof, is much higher than PE primer, with high cost performance.
D: It is called Daniel value, denier = g / L * 9000, where G is the weight of the silk thread (g), and l is the length of the silk thread (m), which is used to represent the weight of the yarn woven into this durable outdoor fabric. The gram weight of a single yarn per 9000 meters is the D number of this durable outdoor fabric. The larger the number before D, it means that the thicker the cloth fiber in the same area, the heavier it will be. Generally, 150D or 70D Oxford cloth is selected for the tent, taking into account the cost / weight / wear resistance.
T: It is called polyester taffeta. It is a kind of imitation silk fabric, which is used to make the outer and inner tents of tents. It is light and strong. For example, 190T. The number in front represents the sum of the number of warp and weft yarns (density) within 1 inch (2.545cm). In fact, it is a density unit. The larger the number in front of T, the denser and heavier the fabric fibers in the same area.
For external accounts, considering the vulnerability in harsh environment, attention should be paid to whether it adopts ripstop structure. In short, it is woven into a small square lattice. Even if a point is damaged, it will not be pulled more and more in strong wind.